Formal organization of the Francesville-Salem Township Public Library took place on 15 May 1915. The Carnegie Corporation provided $9,000 for the construction of a joint town-township library building. The two-story brick building was completed and dedicated on 2 November 1916; Miss Doris Petra was the first librarian.
In 1987 the meeting room was converted into a separate children’s library. On 18 September 1999, a ground breaking ceremony was held for a renovation of and addition to the original building. The upgraded, handicap-accessible facility was dedicated on 15 September 2001.
201 West Montgomery Street
P.O. Box 577
Francesville, Indiana 47946